Singlespeed bikes, Japan, getting out of Streatham, trying not to bang on about multiple sclerosis

Thursday, December 07, 2006

In the kingdom of the blind

...the one-eyed man is king. This would be just great, if I were in the kingdom of the blind, as I am losing the sight in my left eye. Fortunately it's almost certainly a temporary thing, caused by optic neuritis, an old chum which has toyed with me before. And hurrah, I now have steroids to make it better. As if that weren't enough cause for joy, tomorrow morning I go to see some organisation in London Bridge who will check me over and get back to Amnesty saying how many hours I ought to work. I'm going to pitch for about four hours a day, preferably to be worked from home. By the time I get to the office after that bit of self-demotion, Natasha will be off on a lengthy Christmas holiday, and this can only contribute to my overall wellbeing. Having that moron around has never made me feel good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home